I previously reviewed the resolution of my resolutions for 2011. As I stated in the comments on that entry, the list was a rough set of goals to look forward to. Not a hard list of things I felt I must achieve. Still, I was looking to hit about 50% and failed to get even that close. Frankly I'm a bit depressed about what appears to be the near death of my involvement of a hobby in which I've participated for over 25 years.
The 2012 list is a bit different. The expectations are a scaled down. A lot. It feels a bit like a last grasp at holding on to my hobby.
1. Play a game (or games) on at least 12 days this year. That's a game a month goal. I'm only counting my attendance at Cold Wars as a single "day."
2. Get at least 8 WWI planes completely finished, get the rest of the stands, a hex mat and play at least one game of Blue Max/Canvas Eagles.
3. Paint Romans, friends and foes. A hold over from the past two years. This year I will even set a modest number. Finish the mostly painted scutarii I started last year, and paint 4 units of Roman legion.
4. Make trees. I've got a kit of deciduous trees. I've had them for a couple years. It's about time I put them together.
5. Paint a unit of landsknecht pikemen and the pack of casualty figures.
6. Paint the strumpets. I've got 4 of them ready to go on the painting table, from the same range of Reaper figures as the previous civilians. In fact, a few more civilians would be nice as well. Let's say the strumpets plus another 6 civvies.
So there we go, my goals include painting a little over 100 figures, putting some trees together, finishing 5 plane kits plus building & painting 3 more. And 12 games. Not exactly aiming for the sun. If I can't score at least 50% on this set of goals, I'm selling everything at the end of the year.
I'd thought about adding "attend at least one local con this year and play in or run at least one game there" but sadly, that doesn't even seem realistic.