More toys = better. ;)
The first is an ACW game I walked past the first evening. The remaining three are what I believe is a large Seven Years War game. In addition to simply looking impressive, it's a period I can only dream of playing.
As far as loot I brought home, a rough list...
- Another box of WF Romans.
- Roman allies from Crusader minis: Numidian cav, Spanish caetrati, Spanish Scutari command, Spanish slingers (which I discovered were mispackaged but Crusader/OG is shipping me the right figures.)
- One bag each of OG Spanish Scutari and Numidian infantry that I spotted in the flea market for the cheap.
- Two boxes of the previously mentioned & photographed Zvezda medievals.
- I joined the Old Glory Army since I spent enough at the Crusader booth to make it worth while, and so I got a bag of 10+/- nice looking 18th c. figures (a duel diorama?) from Blue Moon.
- Some deciduous trees in kit form.
- Various dogs (from Mega Minis and IWM). I think I got an odd badger or two mixed in as well.
I may try painting a few of the Blue Moon figures as well as I can for the painting contest at Historicon if I have time. I was looking for something really eye catching on which to test my ability. I normally paint in quantity (for armies), so I haven't really pushed my skills lately. I was browsing the 40mm stuff for this reason, but abandoned that idea after I got these "bonus" figures.